Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!!!

First off, let me say Merry Christmas Everyone!!! I hope everyone had a great day! Getting to spend time with the ones you love is something that should be cherished. So I hope everyone got to spend the day with the ones they love, whether it be family or friends, even furbabies (because they always count as loved ones in my book)! 


With literally only about an hour until Christmas is officially over I thought it was a perfect time to reflect on the day. Whew, we made it guys! All the stress about buying gifts for everyone, and decorating, and the constant listening of holiday music on almost every radio station for the past month, finally culminated into today. Its all the same every year; the stress and freaking out was ALL worth it. It is so funny how it feels like forever for Christmas to get here and then it feels like in a blink of an eye its over.  



Now before I get to the fun stuff from today, I just have to get something off my chest! Today marked the first Christmas that me and "my soon to be ex" (I really should just come up with a nickname, but I can only think of not so nice names, and I am the bigger person here, so I wont go there), and I are apart. It is still weird sometimes to know that you use to be around each other every single day and now its been like 6 months and its a first Christmas without your spouse. At this point I don't think I really miss HIM (I guess thats gonna be his nickname) lol. I think I just miss the idea of him, the spouse, the significant other that I had to share these memories with. It was needless to say an emotional day for me.  I kept alot of that inside, because I wanted this to be a fun perfect day! I mean its xmas after all! Even now as I write this, I feel a twinge in my heart.  I would never wish this on anyone. Its the worst.. 



Now that is out there, time for the fun stuff! 



Of course being at home with my parents and a bunch of little rugrats running around we were up super early to open presents. Turtle was literally coming into the living room handing me other peoples presents that he wanted me to open. Do you think he was a little excited? How about A LOT excited!!! 

Here is some pictures from the day! I hope you enjoy!!!

     



I sat on the couch next to my gifts. But honestly I could have cared less about them. Not because I was not excited to open them and to receive them, but because I was way more excited to watch all the kids open theirs up. In my opinion the smiles on their faces and the wide eyed expressions were the greatest presents of all. seriously. Nothing beats making kids happy! Turtle just kept handing me his presents and then moved onto the next. His 2 1/2 year old self was so overwhelmed, but he was smiling from ear to ear. From spongebob stuff (his favorite character, which he affectionately calls "bon bob". And the big castle toy he got. WOW, he definitely made out this year!



    
 \ 


He was so excited to learn about this particular toy!!



The favorite gift amongst the others was definitely the tablets they received! they spent the whole day playing on them. downloading apps, games and taking pictures! Good Job Santa! you did good! 



The cook in the house- My Dad, spent all afternoon cooking away in the kitchen. While I played with one of my new gifts... A NEW CELL PHONE!!! seriously its been long overdue, and Im in love with it. I'm still figuring it out and setting it up to how I want, but its awesome!!! 


:::My Presents::: 









I think I did pretty good this year if I do say so myself! Thanks Mom & Dad, you guys rock! I love everything!!! Thank you JJ & Nicole, I loved your gifts as well, you all know me so well!


We had lunch of sweet and sour meatballs drenched in orange juice and pineapple sauce, it was delish! As well as little smokey's. YUM! While we ate different Hallmark movies played on the tv and we all took turns holding and feeding the baby and relaxing on the couch. It was just a pretty chill afternoon... 





Finally dinner was ready and boy was it sooo good. You see my Dad is amazing cook. Never trained, but seriously TOP CHEF worthy in my opinion!.  We had prime rib with Bearnaise sauce and mashed potatoes and gravy, as well as corn and Hawaiian Sweet Buns.  Lest not forget my DADs amazing Orange Sherbert Punch. Thanks for cooking DAD! you done good!  (unfortunately we were in such a hurry to eat I forgot to take pix, but take my word for it, it was amazing!)



It was really was as close to a perfect day as it possibly could have been. I am so humbled, honored and blessed to be part of the family I am a part of. I love you guys with all my heart and soul. Today was so amazing! I feel like regardless of everything going on in my life, it was one of the best Christmases to date! 


 



Thank you to my family for the presents, but mostly for being my family! Spending time with all of you today was the greatest gift. I really couldn't have asked for more. The presents were just a cherry on top! I Love Love Love All of You Guys More Than Any Words Can Express!!!!! <3333333




Mission Complete!!... umm, now onto New Years! (dont hit me) lol.. 

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Let me know in comments! I love hearing stories!!

Peace & Love
Molly




No comments:

Post a Comment