Friday, April 18, 2014

Adventures at the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef!!

This week was spring break for all the kiddos in the household and they have been doing fun things all week.  Luckily they save the best for last..  Today was my day off so I was able to participate in the fun!  So after a morning at Tivoli Village doing an Easter Egg Hunt my parents came home with the kids and we all had a quick lunch and left for the Shark Reef & Aquarium at the Mandalay Bay Hotel down on the Strip.  

After the initial shock of how long the line was to get tickets, and subsequent line to get into the shark reef- they obviously can only allow a certain amount of people in at once.. We were finally able to get in and it was amazing.  I can never get old of this place.  I have been there at least two or three times, but the past couple times my parents have gone with the kids I was unable to go to due to work, so I was sooo excited to go!  I had been wanting to go for so long!  

We saw so many amazing creatures.. Different kinds of sharks, fish, sea turtles, stingrays, and even an octopus!  These creatures were so majestic and beautiful!  The best though was seeing Turtles face light up when he saw all of animals swimming around.  Especially the sea turtles, although I am sure it was a little confusing to him.  It was like Turtle meet the Turtles.  He was so enamored by these aquatic creatures that we kept catching him say "oh my God!" haha! Seeing Turtle happy and having a great time totally made the wait to get in worth it as well as dealing with the other kids who were being less the cooperative! haha! 

Well instead of just talking about what we saw.. I might as well show you.. because of course I took many pictures of this fun family outing!!  So without further ado here they are!

Waiting in line with my Mom & all the kiddos!



Alligator




Catfish!



Stingray!

Tree Lizard


Mom & Pups!


They just loved seeing all the different kinds of fish!

Alyx.. she didnt know I was taking a pic of her!

Turtle Man!


Sharks!! 


#aquariumselfie haha!

They actually let you touch them too! soo cool!



Jellyfish!


Starfish!

Octopus.. its been said they usually hide, so it was cool to see it!

Puppy Bites was just along for the ride!

Mario, Alyx, & Turtle looking at more fish!

This Starfish was huge!!!



Look its a Sea Turtle!


They loved the Sharks!

More Turtle Time!

#selfie with the sharks! 

This was the moment he was like WOW!!!


"Oh My God" haha! 

Sharks, Stingrays, Sea Turtles Oh My!





This big boy got stuck in the coral for a little bit, but he wiggled himself free!



#selfie while the sharks are above me!

#selfie with my Mom.. love you mommy! 

hard to see. but its a pic of me and my sister Alyx!

Watching the Sea Turtles swim around!

A sweet moment between Dad and Puppy!

After Shark Reef Drink! haha.. Total highway robbery though. $7.50. NEVER AGAIN! haha. totally not worth it.. I mean seriously though. You pay that for a 6 pack at the market.. Ridiculous lol!

Had so much fun though and it was such a great outing. It was nice to get out with the family, especially given everything we went through with the baby last week.  He is doing so well and we are all so happy.. And he made it through his first big outing since his hospitalization!  What a great day!!! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend and especially a Hoppy.. I mean Happy Easter!!!

Peace & Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment