Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Retail Therapy is the Best Kind of Therapy!

For months I have been feeling so down on myself for obvious reasons and with my divorce being finalized a couple weeks ago it has only made me more of an emotional mess.  See my previous post on that one.

I had the opportunity to have the day off today instead of Monday and it totally worked in my favor.  We took a family trip down to Meadows Mall and it was such a great outing.  I rarely get out of my house besides running errands or going to work.  And I never buy anything for myself, that is truly for myself.  So this was the prime opportunity to do so!

It felt really good to be out in the world and with my family having a good time.  It was amazing.. even down to the weather. it was pouring rain and practically snow flurrying at our house.. and I love the rain!!



For the first time in a long time I had a smile plastered on my face the whole time and was just smiling from ear to ear having a good time.  I cannot begin to tell you had freeing it felt.  No stress at all!  We had such a good time just hanging out and having dinner.  And the kids didn't act up or cry. It was great!  

We had dinner at the food court and I had pizza and an Orange Julius! #oldschoolfav it was delish! I was soo full by the time we were ready to go and shop the food calorie off haha! 

I did some serious damage shopping and it felt sooo good!  My sister and I went off on our own to a couple of stores while my Mom went and ordered her glasses and my Dad took the kids to the play area.  

First we hit up Lane Bryant for some pajamas.. I am a sucker for their buy one get one 50% off deals. 
I did a mini fashion show for my sister lol! here is what I bought.. and just a heads up these are the website photos of the pajamas I bought! I got these pink flower pj bottoms, and these blue, white and green sleep shorts, I also got a nightshirt/nightgown that matches the shorts but they don't have a picture of them online anymore. Super cute right???



After Lane Bryant we went upstairs and saw the new and improved Torrid store.. It actually got renovated last May, but that's when my world imploded so I had't done more than online shop in almost a year so I hadn't seen it.  After spending the national debt downstairs at LB I was playing it a little close to vest and I did not see anything that I was sooo in love with that I had to have until I saw a really cute shirt on an ad in the store and I asked if they had it.  It was totally meant to be because the lady said they did not sell it in stores but one had come in as a return and it was my size!!! #thatdoesnothappeneveryday I tried it on and fell in love and had to have it!  

I am a true Los Angeles girl at heart after all and had to have a #cityofangels shirt!

 


Ahhhhh it just felt soo good to get out and shop and have no cares in the world.. The first full good day I have had in a long time.  No crying or fighting or feeling sad.  Just pure happiness.  I have never been "that girl". I usually hate shopping.  I had the best time shopping! Thanks Nicole for helping me pick out my choices! I love you Colie!!! 

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday aka Hump Day!!!

Peace & Love
Molly





No comments:

Post a Comment