Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy 4th of July


Bring on the red, the white, & the blue!! 

Yesterday was the day we all went Patriotic in honor of America's Independence from Great Britain or what we know today is the United Kingdom..  July 4th. 1776 we signed the Declaration of Independence, which in essence was declaring said independence. haha. 

In honor of that day, we celebrate each year on July 4th with fireworks, parades, bbq's, picnics, concerts, carnivals, baseball games, as well as political speeches about how far we have come as America, and ceremonies acknowledging are history, government, and traditions of the United States.  We spend time with our friends and family, having a good time in honor of this special day.  

My Dad cooked in the kitchen all day making ribs and potatoes for dinner.  
& the whole family was all dressed in our red, white and blue! While the food was in the oven my parents took the kids to the water park for a few hours to run around and cool off!  We had dinner and just hung out at as family at the house.. I took pics with my lil bro Ryder, and my Mom, and of course some patriotic selfies lol. 

 

 


It was just a nice, relaxing day surrounded by my family.. 

I finally decided to head down to my brothers house.. worst timing ever, it was pouring rain! but with the all the traffic between the rain and the people trying to get to areas to see fireworks, I had time to take pics of the rain and the sky..



 
When I got to my brothers house and we had some drinks and lit some fireworks and just hung out and listened to music and just chilled out.. Not much we could do because of all days for it to rain, mother nature chose the Fourth of July, of course, and it was down pouring all night.  We literally were lighting the fireworks in the the house and throwing them in the backyard for them to go off because of the rain.. It was ridiculous and hilarious and almost sad at the same time lol.  All you heard was thunder and saw was lightening.. It was pretty crazy..  The sky went back and forth between the lightening strikes and the fireworks people were setting off.  I even stayed late at my brothers house to try and out stay the rain, but I gave up and of course it started to really pour again half-way home and I ended up mildly hydroplaning, but it was okay. 

 


 


How did you all spend your 4th! I hope you all had a great day with whatever you did!

HAPPY 4th of July!!!!


Peace & Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment