Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sister Dates

So a lot of things happened to me last year.  It got me to the point where at the end of November 2013 I moved back in my parents.. And thank you to them for letting me come home.  It feels amazing to be around family.  But I digress.  

In the past few months since I have moved my sister and I have gotten closer.  We very much so fight like sisters, but we have amazing awesome times.  We have started this thing that we call "Sister Dates".  We get dressed up (ususally), and go get dinner or dessert, or go shopping.  We even went to Pet Land and playing with a lil Puppy when I had a terrible day! 
We just get in the car and pop in our cassette adapter and just blast our girly music.  Which basically means mostly women in power, revenge, man hating music.  Can I just say Country music fits that the best. Taylor Swift is just the tip of the iceberg..

Oh and btw thus far Sister Dates have not been planned ahead of time. Its like spur of the moment.  We just decide to go out.  We have fun no matter what we do and we just connect as sisters.  This hang outs have meant so much to me.  I have really need stress and drama free nights out.  I honestly feel like they are most spontaneous things I have ever done! 

So as always Nicole & I had a "Sister Date" tonight!  I really wanted dessert so we decided to go to BJ's and have Pizookies. We got there and of course dessert into having an appetizer of Mini Bruchettas which were yummy! and Nicole had a Shirley Temple.  I stole a Cherry of course, because that's what we do in our household lol.  Then we had our Pizookies, I had the Red Velvet one! it was amazing!  Red Velvet is my favorite!  Our waitress was super nice too! We always have fun conversations that to most other people would not make sense, and we just crack each other up.  #sisterlanguage #duh 

Whats funny is we had a mini sister date last night.  There was some crying going on last night and I just decided we needed to watch tv together and just forget about everything. Somehow she has gotten me on this show Ghost Adventures because she recorded a lot of them to my DVR.  Scary shit.. seriously! Why she likes this, and why I like it I don't understand.  Then this afternoon I had her dye my hair blonde on top and try to get my dark brown hair to dye red, which it kind of sorta did.  Like a dark red; Burgandy.  We watched Netflix, more specifically Season 5 episodes of Greys Anatomy.  This is when Izzie is receiving treatment for her cancer.  These episodes are so sad.  

So you know how I said Sister Dates aren't planned?  Well they usually aren't.  But this next "official" one is going to be on Valentines Day because we are both single gals.  I guess its called Single Awareness Day if you are alone.  But Im chosing to be optimistic and happy on this day because my sister and I are going out.  Either dinner and movie, or bowling and movie.  My sister even bought a special dress for the night.  It makes me smile that she is so excited for the occasion.  And I too am excited to go out that night.  Even though it is my first Valentines Day alone in five years..  But I am not going to focus on that.. at least try very hard not too..  

Sister Dates are awesome.  If you have a sister you should try it.  Its fun and spontaneous and random.  It has become some of my favorite memories that I will cherish for all time. 
Love you Nicole! You are an amazing sister!!!

Here are some photos from tonights Sister Date!!

Hair was in the process of being Dyed.  #beforedyejob

I guess its kinda red in places??

My Sister

Red Velvet & Chocolate Chip Pizookies


#SisterSelfie

After 10 months I finally trimmed my hair a few days ago and dyed it today here is the after pic!  #selfie

So readers with siblings, do you any of you do a similar thing?  I cant imagine we are the only siblings that do something like this..  Its not just a normal hang out.  Tell me your stories!!! 

Peace and Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment