Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentines Day Wrap Up!!

Welp a few things got in the way while writing this.. so it is not really Valentines Day anymore... 

That aside... Happy Valentines Day everyone!  I hope everyone had a great day! For me this day could have been a terrible and sad day spent crying and wallowing in self pity.. You see this is the first Valentines Day in 5 years that I do not have a guy, since me and my husband split.  I totally could have looked at this day as S.A.D. or Single Awareness Day, but it was a totally normal day.  Thankfully.  The only tears I shed were happy tears, but that's for later in this post.  I mean who really cares if you are single or not.  You make the day, the day doesn't make you. You can either choose to be sad about it or go make plans with other people who do not have somebody to go out with and have a good time.  

Today started like a normal day.. I slept on my tummy though, so I was in a lot of pain because I had been sleeping on my sides since surgery. So I was super sore and did not want to get out of bed for anything.  I woke up to an empty house because the rest of the fam bam went out to lunch at Town Square.. Kind of jealous I missed out on that.  Anywho.. my awesome Mom had stuck a heart shaped box of chocolates into my purse.  Thank you Mom. That was very thoughtful of you.

Once I got up for the day I preceded to get ready for my long since planned "Sister Date".  
If you dont know what I am talking about when I say sister date, please see a previous post.. 
Sister Dates Blog Post!

So my Sister and I got ready for our Sister Date.  We went and saw the movie "That Awkard Moment"  at the Red Rock Regal Theaters, which starred Zac Efron, Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, & Imogen Poots.  It was a very cute movie.  Perfect blend of comedy and drama.. and by drama it was just your typical relationship drama.  My sister and I have so many new inside jokes because of the movie.  I recommend that if you have not already seen it you should.. This is the point where I tell you that there was a few parts that were so hilarious that I shed funny tears, as I previously mentioned. Like stop breathing super funny tears.. haha. My sister almost spit out her drink too.  Like dying of laughter funny. Glad we chose not to see Endless Love, because I have this feeling that instead of happy tears there would have been a lot of sad tears. 
Here is a youtube link to the trailer: That Awkward Moment in case you are interested... 

So after the movie I gave my sister the choice of where she wanted to go to dinner. and Of course she chose the Feast Buffet.  Lemme just say we left super stuffed.  We just sat there cracking jokes from the movie and just talking about whatever.  I love how close we are getting again.  We just had so much fun. 
And totally forgetting for five minutes that it was Valentines Day and Friday I realized that there would be a special menu for tonight so I thought we might be screwed, because it usually entails alot of fish, which I do not eat.  But lemme tell you the food was amazing! One of the non-highlights though was when my sister was like lets try clams and then I ate mine and she wussed out lol.. BRAT! Im gonna get you back one day lol.. 

After dinner we came home and had a mini photo-shoot, because we looked super cute.  My sister had bought a specific dress for today so of course she wanted to show it off. I am not gonna lie, it was a really cute dress!!! I had a lot of fun today with her.  It took my mind off of feeling crappy emotionally and physically for a couple hours.  I am still in pain from surgery and what not. so it was nice to get away from that and just relax and have a good time! 

I can say that Valentines Day 2014 did not suck.. and given all my circumstances that is really amazing!

Here are pictures from today!!!

The first few pictures are photo-shoot fun with my sister!






How gorgeous is my sister! I love her and her super cute dress!


Dessert.. chocolate covered strawberries, gelato, and more!

Buffet Dinner!! 

Sisters 4 Life!!!!

Life is like a box of Valentines Chocolates... haha!

#selfie

Peace & Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment