Friday, February 28, 2014

TGIF!

Whew.. What a week it has been for me.  Crazy how time has flown and and as of today it has been 23 days since my surgery.  I remember that day and the days that followed and its crazy how I have gotten from there to here.. I am still healing and sore, and my emotions are still out of whack but I've come a long way. 

I have been out of the house more this week than I have been since I had surgery. To breathe fresh outdoor air.. You never know how much you miss it lol.  I know its good for me and it's helping me get ready to go back to work, but I am also so tired and sore after every time I have gone out.  I have tried to drive as well, but sitting up in the position and having the steering wheel rubbing up on my belly in the area where my scars that are healing are.. well it doesn't help the healing and the pain at all.  

On Tuesday I went to see my Doctor/Surgeon for my 2nd follow up appointment.  He checked on my infection in my incision and asked how my pain was.  The antibiotic made me nauseous so he let me go off of it because the infection looked better.  It seriously was making me so sick. ick.  He said it was common though.  My mom and I also asked him about my emotional and mental state.. About how I was crying about everything, just very emotional and feeling so helpless.  I spoke about it in my previous post.. take a look if you have not already.Post Surgery Emotions  Luckily he said that it was completely normal. Between having the surgery itself and the anesthetic, and what not, what I was feeling was okay and it was get better and pass in time.  

Throughout this whole healing process I have constantly been told that I need to be patient with the process and I will heal, that it just takes time.  Like I've said I hate feeling helpless, so it has obviously been super tough!

My other BIG outing (lol) this week was going out with my Sister, Nicole, to get my Mom her Birthday Present.  Her Birthday is March 1st.. tomorrow!!! Like I said in the beginning driving was super tough and I did a lot more walking around than I had done since my surgery.  By the time I got home I was super sore and exhausted from the outing.  At least it was worth because my Sister and I got my Mom a lot of nice stuff that we know she is going to love!! I am so excited to give her, her presents.  Obviously I cant say where I went and what I got her just yet, because she reads my blog, but just take my word that most of you out there would probably love would we got her as well!

We are suppose to go out tomorrow to celebrate my Moms Birthday.  Hoping that the weather doesn't rain (pun intended) on our parade.. Not actually a parade though, but that would be cool though huh? haha! I have been so sick today though for some reason too. I am hoping it is just a 24 hour stomach bug so I can have fun with my Mom tomorrow! My diet today has been water or 7up and sleeping/relaxing as much as possible.  

On a side note, I finally watched Fast & the Furious 6 last night.... and today.  It was amazing!  Probably the best one yet!  Would any of you guys agree? And if not, what is your favorite Fast & Furious movie? It was just really sad watched Paul Walker and all the chemistry they all had together knowing that it is destroyed because he was killed in that car accident a few months ago.  

I finally go back to work Sunday... Wish me Luck.. I don't know if I mentioned, but my Doctor did clear me to go back to work.  It is gonna be weird to go back after practically a month off.  I don't know if I am 100% ready to go back emotionally or physically, but it is what is best.  It takes time.  Wish me luck getting back to work!  

I am going back to lay down.. Feeling icky and like I said I need to get better!!


Peace & Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment