Friday, March 21, 2014

Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring!!!

You guys!! It literally has been a week since I last posted.  I have a very good excuse though.  I promise

You see... the stomach bug is basically the gift that keeps on giving in my house hold.  First a couple kids got it, then my parents got it, and after thinking I was in the clear.. it crept up ATTACKED me! That was late Sunday night, and it is now late Thursday night and I am still not 100%.  I feel blah still and am glad to be off work tomorrow. 

I could say this week has flown by, but that would totally be a lie.  Work has been super stressful since I have been back, but it wouldn't be "work" if it wasn't stressful, right???  It is basically a same shit different day situation, but I am grateful for it regardless.  

But today was the first day of Spring!  I couldn't think of a better way of approaching a long awaited day off that I have tomorrow.  If the weather permits it should be spent outside for sure.  At the very least windows open to feel the fresh air breezing through the house.  I love Spring.. the weather is amazing.. usually.. Unfortunately, in Las Vegas we typically only get like two weeks of Spring before the weather starts to get horribly hot and ridiculous.  #Desertproblems  

So in honor of it being the first day of Spring I thought I would list my 6 Favorite Things about Spring.. and I would love to hear from my readers in the comments below your 6 favorites... To see if we have some in common.  

So here it goes.. 

1.  The Weather.. I wish it was like it year round.. basically between the 70's and 80's! #southerncaliforniagirlwantshersoutherncaliforniaweatherback



2.  Flowers.. the Aroma in the air.. amazing!!!



3.  Spring Colors:  These are the trends this year (obviously), I think I like them.  Light colors, pastels.  I especially love the blues-y purple colors. 

4.  I know this is random, but Fruit tastes sooo good!  My favorite is Strawberries!!


5.  The Rain
Not that we actually see much in Vegas, but I enjoy when it is around, and when I hear it rains back home in Southern California, I just smile.. and get a little jealous! 


6.  It means summer is just around the corner!! Whatever you have going on in your life, Summer inherently just seems so much less stress inducing than any other season! I mean, don't ya think? I mean what can you not love about Summer.. Flip flops are the most acceptable form of footwear, swimming, laying out, getting tan and relaxing, amongst other things.  


Okay so I guess that was only five things.. we all know that last one is a cheat. haha! 

Welcome to Spring Everyone & Happy Friday!!


Peace & Love 
Molly








No comments:

Post a Comment