Sunday, March 16, 2014

Veronica Mars Movie: Marshmellows Unite!!

So I wrote this blog in two parts. Before I saw the movie and after... I also started it on Friday and finished it today, being Sunday because after the movie I was exhausted, and then on Saturday my parents were really sick and I spent the day helping out with the kids & then going to work. So by the time I got around to writing this it was after mdnight (Sunday). 

Today is the day all Veronica Mars fans have been waiting for.. It is March 14th, Friday, Pi, Day.. but most importantly the day the Veronica Mars Movie comes out in theaters. Hells Yeah! Ever since they started the Kickstarter campaign to get the movie going I have been squealing with excitement over it!  And today that day has finally come and and I am sooo excited to go see it!  Ten years in the making for a show that should have never been cancelled when it was in the first place.  I am so hyped on seeing it.  To see where all the characters ended up and who will Veronica ultimately choose, Logan, or Piz.  To hear the famous We Used to Be Friends Theme Song once again.  I can hear the song in my head as I type, and I cannot help but hum it.

To be perfectly honest the Veronica Mars show was an important part of my teenage years.  My Mom and I watched it every week together and it was one of the shows along with Gilmore Girls that gave us Mother-Daughter time, and I really feel like it helped her and I become how close we are, and eventually turned my Mom into my bestest friend! If you are reading this, I love you Mom!! I am so glad we share this show together and the memories/insidejokes we have because of it!! =)  Her ringtone for when she calls me is the theme song for crying out loud haha.. The Dandy Warhals: We Use to Be Friends 

Below is the youtube link the the song.. take listen and comment below what you think of the song, as well the as the rest of the post. =)

The Dandy Warhals: We Use to Be Friends

Okay but seriously though, despite the fact that I guess they are counting this as an "indie" movie, why the heck would they not have it open in my more theatres.. Albeit worth it to drive across town to go see it at an AMC theatres, but it still is irritating because it should be in sooo many more theatres.. As par usual they are underestimating this franchises power! #justsayin 

Sooo excited!! Saw the movie and it was amazing! it was everything I thought it was going to be and more!!! 10 years ago the show hit our airwaves and 7 years ago it was cancelled.. But today it was all about what had happened since the show ended. Questions were answered and a few were kind of raised.. Which is why I will be reading the follow up book that I already pre ordered from amazon weeks ago in anticipation of the movie coming out. 
I am seriously fan girling out about this movie.  Wishing I could see it in theaters again.  I am totally going to purchase it on DVD when it comes out. Told my Mom that before we even got out of the theater. lol. It really meant a lot to me to see the movie and for it to come out in the first place.  I was soo happy I got to see it with my Mom too.  And laugh at the inside jokes brought over from the tv show that like I said was cancelled wayyy tooo soon.

BTW I went to work today and neither of my co-workers knew about Veronica Mars, or the tv channel UPN lol.. I am not gonna lie it made me feel super duper old, and especially lame that I know all of this random information.  Espeically because Veronica Mars started out on UPN and then transferred to the CW network (which, lets be honest here is basically just a re-tooled WB channel) #kindaobvious 

Gosh I just wanna type all about the movie but I dont wanna give anything at all away to anyone who reads my blog who is planning on seeing the movie and just hasn't seen it yet.  I don't wanna spoil anything for anyone... For Veronica Mars fans who are going to see the movie, I will say this, it is like an hour and 40 minute episode in the best way possible.   Veronica also finally chooses who she wants to be with #teampiz or #teamlogan  I knew beforehand who I was rooting for and I was not disappointed by the ending! =) 

And if you had not heard expect lots of random celebrity cameos.  Some of them are like laugh/cry inducing.  #seriouslytho  

All in all the movie was exactly what I was hoping for and more, and I am so excited to read the novel that I pre-ordered called "Thousand Dollar Tan Line" by Veronica Mars creator/writer..  It basically starts off where the movie ends which is really exciting, so there is more story to look forward too.  If the movie does well I feel like they need to bring the show back, I know that is a long shot but it was amazing and really has become a cult classic at this point and really should be re looked at for tv.

Do any of you guys, my readers know about the show Veronica Mars, watched it, going to see or saw the movie? I can't imagine I am the only one at my work who has even heard of the show.  

P.S. I totally am saving my Veronica Mars ticket stub haha! #sorrynotsorry #itsnotweirdatalltosaveticketstubs 





 



Peace & Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment