Monday, March 23, 2015

Finish This #45: My Room!

Welcome back to the blog Link Upers- (not a real word) lol, and fellow bloggers alike... If you are a regular to the blog, welcome back...  If you are new around here, this is called "finish this link up". Nicole from Three 31 is our hostess. She provides the prompt(s) and we complete them within our own blogs.  So here we go.. a new year and new link up look!!! Lets do this!!! 


Here is my response to this weeks prompts!

Describe a room in your home (include pictures if you wish)… Despite breaking up with my husband in 2013, I had no intentions of moving back home with my parents.  I had been living on my own for 3 years and wanted to at least try really doing it on my own, well with roommates of course haha! But between me being so emotionally destroyed, and money issues, after a few months it became apparent that it was best for me for me to move back in with my parents.  
My sister had moved into my room and all the other bedrooms were filled with kids (my parents do foster care), so all that was left for me was the living room on a twin mattress on the floor, until we got a couch bed for me to sleep on in the garage. The garage has become a semi permanent residence for me for the time being.  I have all I need, so aside from all the normal garage clutter, I have my own space which includes a bed, a couch, a mini fridge, microwave, dresser for all my clothes, recliner, and of course my big screen tv and dvr box.  If there was a bathroom in here I would be set.  I know what some of you are thinking though.  No, it is not insulated to be a bedroom, which has obviously made things difficult at times, but I have gotten myself a portable heater and a portable a/c and use them as needed.  Last year when it became summer, I had not had an a/c yet, in fact, I had no idea I was really going to need one, but the heat in general (we live in the freakin desert) made me so sick that I just had to get one, and thankfully I did, I am using it already! 
My doggy Bella even has a dog bed, but she likes laying on my couch instead now that I am using it just as a couch and not a bed.  I am currently on a mattress on the floor with bunk bed framing around me lol. We are trying to find me a platform frame that can hold me to raise the mattress on.. It is what is is, and for now I am okay with it.  
It isn't just a garage anymore.  It literally has become my room.  I say this because, I had thought I had finished writing this post and was just gonna add photos and then the family decided it was time to clean out the entire garage and that including re-arranging my area- which I then re-arranged again because I didn't like it.  I finally got rid of a lot of old paperwork and just garbage I didn't need and hung up one of my Beatles posters and hung up pictures, and just organized my dresser and nightstand by my bed.  Its like to my left is my kitchen/bedroom: the fridge, microwave & all my meds, lotions, sprays, hair stuff, dresser and nightstand, and bluetooth speaker, and to my right is my living room- couch, decorations, my t.v., and yes a peace sign bean bag chair haha. My room has never looked better... yes I finally see it more than just "the garage", it is really room now, and the whole rest of the garage is clean out pretty nicely.  We got rid of a lot of stuff, and the rest was put back in the garage re-organized as well!  

Here are some photos of MY ROOM!

It is pretty funny but pretty much all those photos are of me as either a baby or a little girl haha! There are some with my parents and grandparents, but I seriously look obsessed with my little kid self, when really I had looked through a little bit of photos to find little kid photos for throwback Thursday and flashback Friday haha! & yes somehow I managed to acquire 2 of the same blanket which I find awesome for symmetry purposes lol! 


::My Left Side::

A little bit to the left of this picture is a perfect place for a mirror I have to hang up, so I am super excited about that!


Please do not mind the fact that I did not make my bed for these photos haha. I literally took them at like 10:15p at night! My dog Bella photobombed the bottom photo too lol.. 





Thank you all for stopping by and reading my responses- if you would like to read more posts or add your own, here is the link:Finish This 2015!


Prompts for next week- March 25th, 2015
Spring is...


Peace & Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment