Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Heidi Turns 8/Fathers Day!!

So this past weekend (keep in mind I am including Friday as part of the weekend because it was my day off), was super jammed packed.. again! It seems like I am always busy these days for the most part.  I want to assume its because of Summer.  Like every day off I have had I have felt like I have needed a day off because of said day off.  

So to start off the long weekend, was Heidi's 8th Birthday! My Parents took the kids to Wet N' Wild Water Park for the day for the occasion.  I did not go because I was up late the night prior- See my previous post about Ladies Night to see what I am talking about, if you have not already!  I spent the day in bed watching my shows on DVR.. To me that sounded more fun that spending the day in the blistering heat.. Yeah, thanks, but no thanks.  Everyone had a blast though, based on what they told me.

When everyone got home my Dad made dinner and we all quickly ate, because it was getting late and we wanted to do Cake and Presents with all the kids.  The previous day my parents had taken the kids out of the house for afternoon because my Sister, Nicole had went out of her way, and totally outdid herself on making a very special Birthday Cake for Heidi.  It was a rainbow cake, all made from scratch.  Probably one of the most awesome cakes I have ever seen!  She did an amazing job.  I even told her that night that she needs to go to Culinary School after she is finally done with High School and do Pastry Chef.  Totally right up her alley because she has so much nature talent cooking anyway, especially cakes.  

So after the cake was done, it was a little late (for the kids bedtime of course), so we sent most of the kids upstairs and gave Heidi her presents! She loved everything she got from all of us.  Her face just lit up when she opened each present and saw what she got.  You see it really is important to make sure she feels special because she is actually a Foster Child under my parents care.  (We may have the potential of adopting her and her brother Mario at some point as well.  So we'll see.. ) So knowing that what we did for her made her so happy, was a great feeling!

Here are a bunch of photos from the day that I snapped! Btw when you see the photos of the cake you are gonna be shocked.. it is freaking awesome looking, and just an fyi, it tasted pretty awesome too! Puppy even had a little cake and he loved it.. once again!



#Heiditurns8










Saturday I worked an 8 in a half shift, so other than being overtired from working all day and not sleeping much and it being hot, Saturday was pretty uneventful for the most part..


Last, but not least, Sunday.. Unless you live under a rock, you know that this past Sunday was actually Fathers Day!  I worked all day, but I made sure to call my Dad and wish him a Happy Fathers Day!  I also picked him up his favorite Peanut Brittle and got him a cute card!  The kids all made hand written cards with drawings and what not.  My Mom got him some lollipops and caramel chocolates as well as two mugs that you can out pictures or paper in to personalize it.  They had Turtle and Mario's hand print's traced on one and other drawings on the other.  Really Cute Idea.. 

My Dad made ribs and corn on the cob for dinner.. The ribs he made were probably the best I have had EVER! they were so delicious, and the meat was just falling off the bone.. Yum! 
It sucked I had to work all day, but at least I was at home in the evening to spend a little bit of Fathers Day with my Dad.

Obviously I am very active on social media- Instagram/Facebook, so I posted about Fathers Day.. Here is what I wrote in honor of my Dad.. Happy Fathers Day Dad!! 

Happy Fathers Day to the #1 guy in my life.. My Daddy!! Thank you for being an amazing father to me the past 26 years. I appreciate all you have done for me. You seriously are my hero. You have the biggest heart and I am in awe of what you do for all of us kids.. I seriously dont know how you & Mom do it. You are an inspiration to others in how to be a parent.. I love how you treat these foster kids like they are your own.. Making them feel special. If there were more Dads like you, these kids wouldnt need another home in the first place. I love you so much Daddy!! Xoxo 
#happyfathersday #fatheraday2014 #iloveyoudad #amazingdad #myhero#inspirational #mynumberoneguy #theonlymanicancounton #love #family#helikestostickhistoungeout #kidatheart #greatparenttouskids #daddysgirl 


Also Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads, Step-Dads, Foster Dads, Grandpas, Uncles, Moms who are also the Dad... Happy Fathers Day to all the men up in heaven who fall under any one of those titles as well.  Especially my late Grandpa Earl Joel Adler.  You were an amazing Grandpa and I miss you everyday!  I love you with all my heart.. 


Hope everyone had a great weekend, and got to spend Fathers Day with family!! How'd you all spend your weekend?

P.S. Now that I got my computer back, I hope to be even more active on the blog! yay!!! So look for maybe at least one post per week if not more.. And if you have any suggestions for what you want me to possibly blog about please inbox me at my new email address made especially for the blog... movingonwithmolly@gmail.com My other email is still connected with the blog, so any direct comments will go to that, but emails I want sent to that email address... Hope to hear from my readers soon!! I would love any sort of feedback you guys have to offer me!

Peace & Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment