Tuesday, June 24, 2014

This Past Week In A Nutshell!



Gosh isn't summer suppose to be like relaxing??? I feel like since the kids, and by kids I mean my parents kids, have been home for summer break, the house has just been bustling with activity and I personally have just been going and going and going.  It has been a stressful couple of weeks at work as well with inventories and such.  I cannot seem to catch a break either with my health since this heat started in May... And on top of that on Friday (June 20th) I also had a tooth pulled, which I am so grateful for because I was in so much pain, but still now I am in pain until it heals. Double edged sword I guess..  

Last Tuesday (June 17th) I had the pleasure of going to my friend Whitney's house warming party that her and her boyfriend, were hosting.  They have a beautiful house and I am so happy for them.  This is just the beginning of big things for them.. Although, I thought more people were going to be there/more dressed up so color me surprised when I walked in and people were in like either work clothes or shorts and t-shirts... and I was in a maxi dress and had gotten myself all cute in a dress and done my hair and make up lol.. But it was really nice to see my friend and meet her boyfriends family and friends.  

 


Then I was surprised at work on Thursday.. When I walked out after a short shift at 2pm, I saw not only my Mom in the car, but my sister Nicole, and Heidi as well.  My other sister Alyx was at camp, or else she would have been with us too.  But this whole thing was a spur of the moment, spontaneous girls day, my sister Nicole's idea.  We went to a nail salon and Heidi got her nails painted professionally for the first time and she was so excited.  And even though I had just gotten my toes down like a week before, I was excited to change the color up again so I got another pedicure, and so did my Mom.  My sister got a mani/pedi.. including acrylic nails, which I think is dumb in my opinion because she works at a water park and is going to Warp Tour in a few days and I am betting some serious money that she breaks at least one nail, and that makes the fake nails a waste of money!!  

It was such a fun afternoon hang out with the ladies though!  I had a great time just relaxing with the ladies of my family! 


 

 

 

My parents also had a temporary foster baby for a few days and she is the cutest thing! Only two months old too! Although I don't understand where they thought the name "Joshyanna" was a good name.  So we have all come up with nicknames for her, because you know how this family LOVES giving out nicknames lol.. We have been calling her Joshy, Jossy, & Lil J.  Heidi has especially been such a great help with her.. Holding her, and feeding her, and playing with her.  Remind me of how I use to help take care of Nicole when she was a baby!  (And now she is 17 years old and has her first job.. holy crap!) 


 

Like I said earlier, I also had to have a tooth pulled on Friday.  I know what you are thinking and I am probably on the same page with whatever you are thinking, which is most likely OUCH!! I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the tooth pulled that day, but I knew I was in so much pain and was just hoping for antibiotics and pain pills (which I got anyways) and that I was going to have to see an oral surgeon, but nope got it done right there in the office.  Highly recommend this dentist.  it is called Summerlin Dental, and they are in the offices located inside of Tivoli Village up in Summerlin (for all my Vegas peeps, who need a Dentist) 
Summerlin Dental Website  (I saw doctor Sanchez, and she was amazing, and the staff are super friendly) Plus there are flat screens in the rooms, so I got to watch/listen to my Law & Order: SVU marathon that was playing on the USA Network while I waited and had my tooth pulled.. Amazing distraction I must say!

Before I called my tooth pulled... 

After I got my tooth pulled- a tad bit more pale and puffy. lol. 

The pain meds are helping with the pain, but the antibiotic is giving me some side effects, but it is hard because I cannot take Penicillin because I am allergic so the med I am on (Clindimyacin) (sp?) is kind of my only option, and I have been on it before so I don't understand why it has been making me sick and tired.. I cannot wait til it is Friday and I am through taking them. 

Friday also happened to be National Flip Flop Day at our local Smoothie Place called Tropical Smoothie Cafe, so my Mom and I and Heidi stopped by and got our free Jetty Punches! I had told Heidi about it before I knew I was getting a tooth pulled, so I didn't wanna disappoint her and not go.  And it worked out anyway because a cold smoothie was perfect for just getting a tooth pulled, I just had to use a spoon to eat it haha! 


Where I work is also starting to sell t-shirts, and we get to actually wear them through the summer as part of our uniform.. Here is a pic of me taking a #selfie in one! 
#talknerdytome 


Last, but not least by any means, one of my fellow co-worker moved back to Idaho this past weekend, so she stopped by my store to stay goodbye to me & my other co-worker Stephen.. Miss you already Jamie!! 

  

 

Like I said, kind of a busy week.. and coupled that with working a lot and this heat.. I am constantly overheated and exhausted.. Cannot wait for this summer to be over...

And on a side-note, I heard that Alaska had a huge Earthquake yesterday (June 23rd), and I just wanted to say that my thought and prayers are with those effected, especially since I had just made a joke about moving there because of how hot is is here and needing to move to color temperatures and used Alaska as an example.. I am also praying that the large Earthquake does not cause a Tsunami to arise, because it could hit any part of the Pacific/West Coast and I have family and friends up and down the California Coast.

What have my readers been up to lately?
Comment below!

Peace & Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment