Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014!!!



Halloween 2014 is officially in the books.  I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!  This Halloween was awesome! In the last couple of days it has seriously cooled down, like down to the 40's and 50's overnight, and Halloween night was like the perfect temperature.  It is like the weather waited for Halloween to pass before it seriously got cold, thank you weather Gods for that, much appreciated!! 

I had to work the morning of Halloween, but I scheduled myself to get off about dinner time-ish so I could come home and eat dinner and get to go trick or treating with my parents and all the little ones!  I was looking forward to it for weeks!  Once my parents had gotten Ryder's (aka Puppy Bites) costume, I knew I wanted to match him and get little puppy/dog ears on a headband.. unfortunately they did not get his costume until a few days before Halloween, and I had only the day before Halloween to shop for my ears, and of course every place was a mob scene and I saw every type of animal ear, except for dog ears.  After going to multiple places, I eventually succumbed to the fact that I was not going to find any, but I happened to come upon elephant ears on a headband, and that was good enough for me because of the connection I have with elephants anyway.  Perfect! =)

After I got home from work I quickly ate some food and then got ready in my costume.  I put a little make up on, straightened a side pony and matched my grey elephant ears with a grey sweater I had recently purchased at Torrid.  We assembled all the kids outside in their costumes so we could take a group shot of all of us!  I don't think we ever got a "perfect" shot where everyone is facing forward and smiling.. but that's normal with kids raging from 12 mos to 8 years old haha! 

We spent about an hour going from house to house trick or treating.. I tried to take Ryder up to each porch with the rest of the kids to get his candy, but each of the porches come with walking up between 4 to 6 stairs, and after a block of houses it became wayyy to hard to bring him up each stair in his stroller, so I walked up the stairs and porch to porch with a trick or treat bag on behalf of my little Puppy Bite!  We ended going through our whole development, and it definitely gotten super dark outside and started to cool down a bit, so we started to head home,, the kids were also getting tired as well, so It was good timing.. 

When we got home my parents let the kids each have a piece of candy and out of their costumes and into their jammies and in the bed did they go! 

Before I forget, lemme break down each persons costumes.. 

Mario Man- Power Ranger
Cooper T. aka Turtle Man- Spiderman
Heidi Ho- Sparkly Witch
Me- Elephant-
Ryder P. aka Puppy Bite- A Puppy
AB aka Girl- Lil Bumble Bee







 

 

Puppy was only two months old last Halloween, so this was technically his first Halloween experience, and think he as well as all the kiddos had a fun time!  I know I had so much fun!  I felt like a lil kid again haha and it was great, as well as having my heart feel so full and melt at the same time watching all the little ones going from door to door getting more and more excited as they go saying "trick or treat" and "happy halloween"! they were just so pumped on the whole experience! 

It was an awesome night... and I think I fared well in the candy I got! haha! the "pop pops" aka Lollipops go to Puppy Bite, as they are his favorite candy!  Gosh I just love him! 


I hope everyone had a great Halloween! I am so curious, what did you all do? 

November is now here, so bye bye October and Halloween and hello to November and the Countdown to Thanksgiving! 

Peace & Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment