Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Day "Puppy" Became Ryder P. Earl LaFon


Thursday, August 28th, 2014 is going to be a day that will forever be an important day in the LaFon household.  A day a year and four days in the making.  Our beloved "Puppy Bite" became an official part of our family, and his name was legally changed to Ryder P. Earl LaFon.  He now joins Me, JJ, Nicole, Alyx, and Cooper T. (aka Turtle) as a LaFon kid!  We are a modern day Brady Bunch with three brothers and three sisters!  It is crazy-insane, but I love it and would not have it any other way!  

The day was full of so many emotions.  My parents are I were so over-joyed that this day was finally here.  The end of this huge journey of adopting him and Turtle and Alyx.  We as a family had been through so much in the past few years to make all of this possible and for it to finally be happening was amazing!  I was really happy that the judge let me sit up front (on the witness stand mind you), so I could take pictures and video of the occasion.  He also made sure to call all of us siblings out, and even our honorary ones- Heidi & Mario out by name, welcome us as a family together!  My Dad held onto Puppy through the whole thing and I just smiled listened on and the judge made it official.  At one point my Mom looked over at me and in that moment we both just started crying.  Just so overwhelmed in the moment, and so beyond happy!  

From waiting out in front of the courtroom, to the actual adoption, and even afterwards at brunch the day was just amazing! I just watched my family, and thought, we are amazing! 

My parents have the biggest hearts of anyone I know and I am so honored to be the oldest of their SIX children!  I love my parents and siblings more than anything in this world and you could just feel the love we all had for each other in that courtroom and throughout that entire day even after the adoption! This whole journey has been so long, but sooo incredibly worth it!  I would not trade any of my brothers or sisters for the world!  I love that I am part of an amazing and big family!

From day one Puppy was part of our family, and we knew that one day that he would be a LaFon, and I always looked at him like he was my little brother, and he is after all my Love Bug, but now it is official!

So here is to you Ryder P!  
























Cheers to my the most amazing family, my family! LaFon Family For Life!!! 

Peace & Love
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment